Monday, March 16, 2015
Lamb Sfeeha (Meat Pie with Puff Pastry) Recipe
Preparation time 30 mn
Cooking time 25 mn
• 1 pack puff pastry, large squares
• 400g boneless lamb leg, roughly ground
• 1 small onion, roughly chopped
• 3 tbsp labneh (strained yogurt)
• 1 large tomato, diced
• 2 tbsp pine nuts
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 3 tbsp Al Wadi Al Akhdar pomegranate molasses
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. In a bowl combine meat, onion, labneh, tomato, pine nuts, pomegranate molasses and spices.
3. Flour your surface and align the puff pastry. Spoon 2 tablespoon of meat mixture into the center of each square. Pinch together four corners of the dough to make square shape pies, leaving the top open.
4. Transfer the pies to a lightly greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the pastry golden brown.
5. Serve with yogurt (or ayran, a cold yogurt beverage mixed with salt) and drizzle more pomegranate molasses on top if desired.
Recipes related to :Lamb Sfeeha (Meat Pie with Puff Pastry)
Lebanese Meat-Stuffed Pitas (Arayes) | Kibbeh Bi Laban Recipe | Veal with Paprika | Kibbee Recipe | Koussa Mehche | Spicy Beef Kebabs Recipe