|Photo: Cheese turnovers (White Cheese Burek) Recipe|
The Lebanese Food Kitchen, the home of cooking delicious Lebanese food recipes, invites you to try Cheese turnovers (White Cheese Burek) Recipe. Enjoy the traditional Lebanese family cuisine and learn how to make Cheese turnovers (White Cheese Burek).
Serves: 8 Persons
Duration : 20 Min
2 Cups Flour
2/1 Cup Butter
2/1 Cup Water
4/1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2/1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup White Cheese
4/1 Cup Chopped Parsley
Fried corn oil
1. In a stand mixer bowl place the flour, butter, water, baking powder and salt. Fit the hook beater. Beat on low speed for 3-4 minutes until soft dough forms.
2. Form the dough into a smoothed disc and wrap with a cling film. Chill the dough up to 2 hours.
3. The filling: in a bowl put the cheese and parsley. Using a fork stir the chees until will mixed.
4. On a slightly floured surface, roll the dough until 3-4 mm thick. Using a 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into rounds.
5. Put about ½ teaspoon of cheese in middle of each round. Close the dough on the cheese forming half a circle. Press well on the dough edge to secure the filling.
6. Fry Cheese Burek until golden brown and serve hot.
More Lebanese Food Recipes:
Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe – Warak Enab
Lebanese Lentil Salad with Garlic, Cumin, Mint, and Parsley
Middle Eastern Tomato Salad